Attorneys from the firm are involved in many community organizations that work directly with minority and underserved populations. We support the efforts of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce to implement programs ensuring all Colorado students, particularly those from underserved minority populations, have access to education and receive the support needed to be successful. We encourage our attorneys to participate in leadership programs such as the annual Leadership Exchange trip organized by the Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation. We feel strongly that community service is a vital part of our firm’s business and responsibility to our community.
We also dedicate our support to organizations working to ensure equal justice for all. Through our pro bono program, volunteer service, and charitable contributions, our attorneys are actively creating and sustaining opportunities for minority men and women throughout the legal industry.
We recognize that creating equal opportunities is an imperative beyond just the legal sector. Therefore, the firm plays an active role in supporting diversity and opportunity in the Denver community. Specifically, we actively support Junior Achievement of America and the Denver Rescue Mission through the volunteer work of our attorneys.
In addition to providing superior quality legal services, Shepherd PLLC also encourages its attorneys and employees to actively participate in civic and philanthropic activities. Attorneys at Shepherd are actively involved as chairs, directors, volunteers, and members of boards and committees of a variety of nonprofit organizations. Some of the nonprofit organizations in which we have been involved include:
- Bicycle Colorado, Inc.
- Black United Fund of Colorado Advisory Board
- Blueprint Denver
- Colorado Competitiveness Council
- Colorado Criminal Justice Reform Coalition
- Colorado Junior Achievement of America
- Colorado Symphony Orchestra
- Colorado UpLift
- Denver Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Denver Children’s Advocacy Center
- Denver Housing Authority (DHA)
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation
- Denver Public Schools
- Denver Public School Foundation
- Denver Rescue Mission
- Denver Urban Renewal Authority (DURA)
- Lowry Business Alliance
- Senior Housing Options, Inc.