Shepherd PLLC attorneys are true experts in all aspects of real estate, development, land use, and finance. We take pleasure in applying our talents to all forms of real estate transactions including commercial and mixed-use development projects, oil and gas extraction, power plant production, and rights of way.. Our attorneys have worked on real estate deals ranging from simple retail leases to complex negotiations in multi-million dollar acquisitions for brownfield redevelopments and major power plant developments. Our skilled negotiators are adept with the tools of the trade, and our due diligence team is unmatched in the industry.
Our vast experience includes:
- Negotiating and drafting documentation for multi-million dollar land sales, including environmental risk assessment, clearing title issues and other due diligence matters, and land use and other regulatory matters
- Working with engineers, architects, and other professionals to most effectively represent clients in entitlement processes involving annexation agreements, subdivision improvement agreements, and zoning
- Representing clients in formal hearings before various Boards of Adjustment
- Our experience working in city planning offices is invaluable for understanding zoning and land use issues from all perspectives
- Performing due diligence for the financing of major mixed use and commercial development projects
- Drafting and review of various water supply agreements, including water leases, sale and purchase agreements, and conveyance of mutual ditch company shares
- Negotiating and performing due diligence for brownfield redevelopment projects, including risk assessment and all local, state, and federal government negotiations and entitlements
- Drafting and reviewing complex construction contracts for projects varying from residential construction to a major governmental development project
- Proficiency in all matters involving AIA and related forms
- Negotiating rights of way acquisition for electrical and utility companies and water and sewer districts, including construction contracting for facilities installation
- Negotiating alternative financing/workouts for distressed real estate assets from initial lender contact through foreclosure proceedings
- Resolving mechanic’s lien issues on distressed development projects through instituting payment plans and other creative solutions
The members of our real estate and development team come from diverse backgrounds to provide a uniquely comprehensive understanding of all real estate matters. Our attorneys have practiced in large firms where they worked on international development projects, worked with local water and sewer districts to gain an understanding of local needs and desires, and have even worked in large municipal planning offices drafting zoning codes. On a daily basis, our experience informs our expertise and helps us mitigate our clients’ risk.