Shepherd PLLC has relationships with businesses ranging from new and emerging companies, to established local and regional companies and large public companies. Lawyers at the firm represent these clients in every facet of their business including entity formation, strategic planning, and commercial contracts and licensing. We have extensive experience in all aspects of commercial law, and we leverage that experience to provide to our clients with relevant and timely legal solutions that help run their business.
We have worked with a wide range of industries, including computer hardware and software, application development, internet infrastructure and products, e-learning, e-commerce, energy, oil and gas, telecommunications, healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, consumer products and services, and publishing and media. Additionally, the firm represents banks and other financial institutions in commercial lending transactions, acquisition financing, debt restructuring, and workouts. We also have extensive experience serving as borrower’s counsel in a wide variety of financing transactions.
The lawyers at Shepherd PLLC work closely with each client in order to understand its needs and objectives. We provide creative and intelligent legal solutions that deliver the desired result in a responsive and cost-effective way. In short, we believe in forming an active partnership with each of our clients to achieve the client’s specific objectives.
Our experience includes:
- Reviewing documentation of troubled loans on behalf of lenders and assisting them in determining the appropriate course of action, negotiating with stakeholders, including other lenders and lien holders, and preparing loan amendment documentation or instituting foreclosure actions as appropriate
- Negotiating loan modification agreements and workouts on behalf of borrowers
- Drafting and negotiating senior and subordinated loan documentation, including credit agreements, security agreements and inter-creditor agreements, on behalf of private equity buyers in connection with leveraged buyouts of target companies
- Negotiating and drafting vendor and customer contracts, terms and conditions and other agreements related to the day-to-day operations of client companies
- Representing clients in connection with private loans, both secured and unsecured, to vendors or other borrowers
- Workouts, financial restructuring and creditors’ rights
- Acquisition financing, private equity and leveraged recapitalizations
- Negotiating and drafting intellectual property licenses, development agreements, joint venture agreements, service agreements and other technology-related agreements
- Preparing employment agreements, employee handbooks, consulting agreements and other service agreements
- Drafting business agreements and bylaws, lease purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements and intricate security agreements for partnerships, LLCs, and corporations
- Providing regulatory and legal “clean-up” of business in anticipation of merger or acquisition
- Assisting clients in the formation of new entities and maintenance of existing entities, including creating corporate governance documentation